Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tales of a Cross-Country Traveler

Greetings from Rochester, New York. This now day five of my trip to visit Christina and Peter, and I'm having a marvelous time.

My flights began as less than eventful, but instead of flying into Rochester at 10:30, I didn't arrive until 1:30 local time. The reason for this was a MAJOR backlog at JFK thanks in part to a storm system in the midwest. About an hour outside of New York City we were informed of a previosu course correction and had to circle Atlantic City for thirty minutes before proceeding to JFK, where we circled for another thirty minutes. At this point I was getting a little concerned because I wanted to make my connecting flight. Little did I know it had been delayed two hours! By the time all was said and done, the flight left three and a half hours after the original departure time. Joy. The Jet Blue terminal was less than impressive so I can't even say I enjoyed being part of the airport hussle and bussle. Fortunately, I met up with another lone female traveler also waiting for her flight, so we hung out until we had to report to our respective gates. Yeah for people to talk with! Christina and Peter very graciously picked me up around 1:30 and began the nighttime version of the local tour. :) I haven't done too bad with the time change, although getting to bed around 2:30 and sleeping in might have something to do with that. :)

No comments: