Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lest I Forget

I don't have access to the pictures I've taken of my trip, but I'll be sure to post upon my return. In the meantime, here's a sampling of some fun things we've done in Rochester:

* Visit Lake Ontario. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I can say I touched the lake and surprisingly, the water was warmer than expected.

* Saw the University of Rochester, Eastman (the best part was seeing Christina's studio and classrooms!), the gorgeous Rochester falls times two, and had a fun tour of the city in the rain.

* Went to the grocery store! This may not be the first thing one normally does on a vacation, but we did have to buy groceries for our forthcoming meals. Plus I got to see where Christina shops, and I found extra sharp cracker barrel cheese. Yum!

* Worked out at the University of Rochester. Again, not your typical vacation fare...

* Witnessed a Rochester thunderstorm.

* Took a drive down Park Avenue, enjoyed a massage with Christina, read in the spa's library, learned how to play Dutch Blitz, saw gorgeous local mansions, enjoyed the East Coast architecture, and much, more more.

1 comment:

The Howard Bunch said...

It sounds like such a fun trip! I still have never seen Lake Ontario...I'm not sure how that's happened!