Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day Three: Oversleeping


Day three of my house sitting adventure got off to a very inauspicious beginning. On work mornings I typically get up at 6:30. I decided to keep the same schedule since I had a longer drive to work and more details to attend to in the morning. I went to bed early last night since I had been running on 3-4 hours of sleep from the night before. Needless to say, I was exhausted. I remember waking up several times during the night including at 3:00 am when the sprinklers went off. The next thing I know I heard the trash trucks outside and thought they were coming rather early. Thank God I checked my phone; it was 7:55!!! I had planned on leaving at 8:15! Guess who didn’t leave on time?

I flew around the house, did my hair in loose curls then up in a pony tail, and made sure the animals were well taken care of. Breakfast became something I could eat in the car and since I was already late, I stopped by Starbucks once I arrived in Fullerton. Figured I deserved a little treat. Nothing like a little adrenaline to kick start ones morning, though as those of you who know me well can attest to, I need time to wake up in the morning. This is not the way to do it. I finally started feeling more like myself around noontime, the same time cat allergies began wearing off.

I later discovered my phone reverted to the weekend alarm setting of 8:00 explaining the mix up. Guess who is going to double and triple check her alarm EVERY night!

1 comment:

The Howard Bunch said...

Oversleeping is truly the WORST feeling...definitely not a good way to start the day!