Wednesday, August 15, 2012

stencil fun

As promised, here's the scoop on my awesome CD boxes.  I ran out of room years ago but had yet to find something I liked to replace them.  (I actually liked the holders I was using, but they were discontinued years ago.)  So, I went on the hunt and eventually found myself at the Container Store.  Initially, I bought these, but they didn't fit the look I was going for.  I also wanted something made from natural materials, and it wasn't until after I got home I realized they were plastic.  So, it was back to the drawing board.  Eventually, I bought white-washed wooden boxes, but they looked a little bland.  I haven't used stencils since I was a little girl, and for some reason I thought it would be fun to decorate the boxes in a vintage European theme.  I found some awesome stencils on Etsy and let the boxes come together naturally.  I worked on them one at a time and after a couple of weeks put together what you see below! (in an effort to be even more resourceful, I used the paint from the numerous samples I've purchased over the weeks!)

The front

The side

Can you tell I love Paris!

1 comment:

The Howard Bunch said...

Love!! They turned out great!!