Wednesday, January 25, 2012

early morning bliss

After planning for weeks to actually get up early to put in work time, missing more than one alarm, oversleeping, or simply ignoring the plan because of rough nights I FINALLY got myself out of bed this morning. As long as I ignore the still unpacked suitcase in the corner and random bits of clutter surrounding me, it's already quite a lovely morning: devotional, quick peak at e-mail, and then off to work. Much as I didn't want to get up, there's peace in the early (or should I say "earlier") morning silence - especially when one can take a few personal moments and regroup in solitude. I think I'm ready for the day...and maybe a cup of coffee!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love moment like that. The early morning quiet is so calming and helps the day start off right. I'll take it when I can get it!