Monday, December 27, 2010

It's that time of year again

Yup, it's time. The job I both look forward to and dread. It's time for "spring cleaning" or, in my case, winter break cleaning. The CSUF campus is closed for the week, and while I'm working from home I am not putting in a full week...leaving time to accomplish those little tasks that comprise my lengthy to-do list. You know, the one that keeps growing and growing and growing? (think Energizer battery) At the top of the line: clean out my closet! (no comments from the peanut gallery, Christina!) Suffice it to say, the thing is a gigantic mess and is in desperate need of a little TLC. I spent a couple hours tackling this monumental task and made it through 1/5 of the job. Before you say that's not much, bear in mind this included taking out and reorganizing (by color) each article of clothing, moving loose shoes and those housed in boxes aside to vacuum carpet, and agonizing which pair I really don't need anymore. Unfortunately, my donation pile was rather pathetic. Here's hoping the rest of the job yields more results. (Unlike my super organized cousin, I will not be posting before and after pictures, but I will keep you appraised of my progress. :-) ) In addition to the slightly overwhelming monster of a closet, I also have to:

*catch up on laundry
*wash my curtains
*pick up clothes at the dry cleaners
*write Christmas thank yous
*prep for NYE party (still have to purchase decorations, plan appetizers, and plan wardrobe)*organize digital pictures*and, since I'm not tied to an office, make time for lunch/coffee dates with friends!

I have four days to accomplish all this and play my little game of El Toro catch up. Totally doable...right?

2 comments:

The Howard Bunch said...

Way to go on cleaning!! =) I have literally done laundry none-stop since yesterday. I think I've gotten about 5-6 loads done in between caring for my Little Guy and all the normal to-do's. Now, I need to buy more hangers since I've never had this many clean clothes at once. Hehe!

LittleDreamer said...

Too bad I can't send you some of mine. Hangers are popping out of every nook and crany!