Monday, October 20, 2008

My Fellow Travelers



Dear Fellow Traveler,
I am in need of advice. Not just any advice but very specific advice about my next trip. Having recently returned from a trip to the East Coast, I am reminded of how arduous a task packing ones suitcase is. Make sure you have essentials, but don’t take anything you really don’t need. Wear your comfortable (and usually, heavy) shoes on the plan to conserve both space and weight. It is such a job! Now, as you may or may not know, on February 12, 2009 I embark on a thirteen day tour of Europe. Needless to say, I am very excited to finally see the many national landmarks that, up to now, I have only read about. However, I am a little concerned about one little aspect: packing. Per tour regulations, travelers are only allowed one (and I emphasize one) suitcase, plus your carry on and purse. This is unfortunate because I would happily pay the 2nd baggage fee just to have a little more room and have a specified place to stow souvenirs.

Do you have any packing suggestions that would benefit me? I know things like, buy travel size items, wear clothes more than once, etc, but anything else would be greatly appreciated. Traveling in February means it’s going to be cold, and sweaters certainly weigh more than tank tops. Any suggestions about what to carry on the plane so you don’t have to pack it?

Thank you in advance for your help in preparing me for my dream come true…a trip to Europe!

-Excited Traveler




2 comments:

The Howard Bunch said...

I'm soo excited for you. Here's what I do: take a few pairs of pants (for two weeks I only take about 4) and then I make sure to go to a laundromat once while I'm there. I bring only one nice thing to wear (dress or slacks). I only bring one pair of PJ's and then a few tanks. Wear your heaviest coat or at least carry it with you on the plane. I only bring one pair of tennis shoes and then one pair of heels or boots. Carry your makeup on the plane with you (you'll appreciate this after a 12 hour flight because then you can freshen up). Final piece of advice: do not bring a hard suitcase; use a duffel style bag to fit more in it.

LittleDreamer said...

Thanks! This sounds great. I'll be sure to post about my amazing packing job once we return!