Wednesday, September 18, 2013

talk about the destination wedding

On our last day in Maui my dad, aunt, and I drove to the Grand Wailea (a Waldorf-Astoria hotel for those of you in the know) so I could see where my cousin was married.  The grounds were expansive, gorgeously kept, and so very Hawaii.  After hearing about this place for years, it was such a thrill to FINALLY see it firsthand.  I'm not big on the idea of destination weddings since they tend to exclude those who can't afford the plane ticket, however I can see why this was the perfect location to tie the knot.

And, just for fun, here are some of my favorite photos from our visit:

Who wouldn't want to get married in this cute chapel?

Walking into the lobby

Monet's waterlilies are among my favorite works of art, so I couldn't resist this photo-op

No comments: