Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The purpose is what exactly?

Meetings. Why do we have them? What is their purpose and do they ever accomplish anything? I spent 3.75 hours in back-to-back meetings this afternoon, and the only thing that came out of them was to show the complete lack of organization present within the participating entities. I mean, we already know that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and spending half the time fleshing out logistics that really should be dealt with in (dare I say it?) another meeting is extremely unproductive to the other attendees. I am so bored hearing, "Oh, I need to talk to you about this," or "I should have told you." So tell them already! I can honestly say I came out more confused than when I went in, and despite overtures to bring various projects together in a cohesive relationship, everyone continues to operate within their own little orbit. Planning meetings that are supposed to actually solve problems only serve to raise more questions. And don't get me started on egotistical men who just want to hear themselves talk...suffice it to say today I have a very low tolerance for gatherings that end with absolutely zero resolution.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Seems like there is a lack of a clear leader or a good leader. I'm afraid though that Mr. annoying/egotistical is in charge? Ugh, that's unfortunate. Maybe you can take up sketching in a notebook or playing games on a phone. ;)

LittleDreamer said...

Considering I was sitting next to the chairman a sketch pad was probably not the best of ideas, though the phone thing would certainly make me part of the crowd.