Saturday, February 24, 2007

It's That Time of Year Again


Yeah!! It’s almost time for one of my favorite times of the year. (I am hearing Johnny Mathis voice in my head, "It's the most wondeful time of the year...") Yes, I am passionate about film and am an absolute sucker for the Oscars. In 1983 the Oscars were held on a Monday night, and I made my entrance into this world exactly ten minutes after midnight on Tuesday morning. Given my love of movies, I have always thought there was something prophetic about this connection!! Perhaps, one day I will have the opportunity to grace the stage of the Kodak and wow everyone with an amazing acceptance speech...ah, one can dream. (Isn't this poster amazing?! I am having way too much fun finding quotes from movies I've seen!)


Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role



Predicted Winner: Eddie Murphy
If I was voting: Mark Walhberg. Though I haven’t seen the movie, I have heard Wahlberg’s performance was a showstopper.


Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role


Predicted Winner: Jennifer Hudson
If I was voting: Jennifer Hudson




Predicted Winner: Forest Whitaker
If I was voting: Peter O’Toole. After decades in the acting profession, he definitely deserves a little gold guy.



Predicted Winner: Helen Mirren
If I was voting: Meryl is my all-time favorite actress, and I would love to see her win another Oscar. Not to mention, she made The Devil Wears Prada.




Predicted Winner: Martin Scorsese – he definitely deserves at least one Oscar on his shelf.
If I was voting: Paul Greengrass or Clint Eastwood. Paul’s movie truly transcended the screen and gave me one of the most emotional movie going experiences of my life. And then there’s the incomparable Clint Eastwood…I just love his style.




Predicted Winner: Babel
If I was voting: The Queen

No comments: